CSUSM Library’s list of Research Guides
CSUSM Library’s Citation Guide
Purdue University’s OWL Citation Guide (Check the list on the left of the Purdue OWL page and find the citation style you need (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.). Check the list on the left again for the type of media you are citing (books, periodicals, films, etc.).
1. diligent and systematic inquiry or investigation into a subject in order to discover or revise facts, theories, applications, etc.: recent research in medicine. (According to Dictionary.com)
The above definition of “research” refers to the actual undertaking of research, such as the conducting of experiments, looking through data such as books, statistics or media, in an effort to draw informed conclusions about the subject being studied.
2. a particular instance or piece of research.
- If I am speaking to someone about the research I have done, I might say something like, “This is my research.”, while pointing to a stack of books and notes.
3. verb (used without object) to make researches; investigate carefully.
4. verb (used with object) to make an extensive investigation into: to research a matter thoroughly.